Workplace Safety Courses – Geotechnical Engineering
CAT & Genny Training
The course teaches the candidate how to safely identify underground utility cables using cable avoidance and signal generators, and in both classroom and site based.
The course enables the candidates to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the theory and practical of onsite cable avoidance.
Who Should Attend:
Anybody who may use cable avoidance equipment.
A CAT & Genny certificate is issued at the end of the course and is valid for 3 years. After this time a refresher course is recommended.
Cost – £100.00
Emergency First Aid at Work Course
A classroom based practical course to teach candidates the basic skills in workplace first aid.
The course enables the candidate to demonstrate a practical knowledge of the following areas:
- Understanding the role of a first aider
- Assessing and acting safely and effectively in an emergency
- Administrating the correct treatment to a casualty in an emergency
- CPR assessment and implementation
- Treating minor injuries such as cuts, bruises, grazes and burns
Who should attend:
Anybody who requires Emergency First Aid at work.
On successful completion of the course, the candidate will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years. A refresher course is required after this time.
Cost – £150.00
Site Investigation Fieldwork Skills Course
This course is held over one day at our North Shields Office and is intended to teach candidates the essential fieldwork skills required for those wishing to supervise ground investigations.
- Soil Logging to EC7 (EUROCODE 7) and BS5930.
- (Rock core logging is an additional day)
- Rig supervision including, Shell & Auger Rigs, Rotary Rigs, Window Sampling Rigs
- Trial Pitting + Hand Dig Pits
Who Should Attend?
Anybody wishing to learn the essential fieldwork skills required for site investigations.
A Fieldwork Ready certificate will be issued on the satisfactory completion of the course which is endorsed by the Geological Society.
Cost – £100.00
Please Note: An additional £100.00 would be required to complete the Rock Core logging course to EC7.
Personal Track Safety Test (PTS) & Offshore/Nearshore Survival Courses
For those wishing to get involved with Marine and Rail Site Investigation Works we can organise the following courses (with relevant sponsorships).